Home Travel Four Seasons Resort Lanai reopens after overhaul

Four Seasons Resort Lanai reopens after overhaul

Comments Off on Four Seasons Resort Lanai reopens after overhaul

The Four Seasons Resort Lanai, formerly known as the Four Seasons Resort at Manele Bay, has reopened on Lanai, the 140-square-mile island nine miles off the coast of Maui.

Resort owner Larry Ellison remodeled the property during a two-year renovation, spending about $75 million, according to local reports.

The resort’s 217 guestrooms are finished with walls of teak, zebra wood and handmade Nepalese lokta paper. Mahogany floors are topped with wool hand-woven area rugs.

The resort’s technological features include wristband room keys; intuitive lighting, temperature, service and privacy controls; a 75-inch LED television; and in-room iPad Airs.

There are three restaurants and lounges, including a Nobu outlet and the signature One Forty. An indoor/outdoor space can accommodate as many as 500 people.

The hotel has a lagoon-style pool with a waterfall, and an adults-only area with lava-rock grottos.

Hotel guests will have access to activities such as off-roading on Polaris all-terrain vehicles, snorkeling and helicopter excursions, and golf at the Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course.

Ellison, who owns 98% of Lanai (the state of Hawaii owns the other 2%), started renovations in February 2014, although he didn’t close the resort until four months later.

Ellison also owns the 102-room Four Seasons Resort Lanai, The Lodge at Koele. That property closed last March to house construction workers. It is slated to undergo a renovation and reopen by the end of the year.


[Source:- travelweekly]
Load More Related Articles
Load More By subhadip
Load More In Travel
Comments are closed.