Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University has announced VITEEE 2019 exam dates and the application form dates. VITEEE Application Form is expected to be available online from November 1, 2018. The exam is conducted across 124 examination centres all over the country in online test based mode, in approximately 124 exam centres. VITEEE 2019 will be conducted from 1st or 2nd week of April 2019 onwards.
The exam is conducted by VIT University for admission in its proposed B. Tech courses and more than 2 lakhs of candidate compete for almost 5000 seats. For admission in this prestigious institution. For B. Tech, candidate must check eligibility criteria and application process. Check out more details below.
VITEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The list of eligibility criterion to take admission in VITEEE is mentioned below and aspiring candidates are requested to check all the details before filling online application to avoid any later disappointment.
Nationality- Apart from Indian nationals NRIs can also apply for admission in VIT University. The University also allows PIO/OCI card holder candidates, specifically those who have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years.
Age Requirement- VIT University requires a candidate to complete 17 years of age on 1st July of the admission year where Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible.
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 from a state/central government recognized educational board in India Intermediate. The university also recognizes High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Apart from the above described preliminary education candidates other than Indian national must have a General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply for admission in VIT, University.
Pass percentage required
As a passing percentage, a student seeking admission in VIT must have secured an aggregate of at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics /Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate). However, the university loosens this bar to 50% for candidates belonging to SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states.
How to Apply for VITEEE 2019?
The candidates who want to take admission in various courses of engineering in VIT can follow the steps given below.
Candidates seeking admission can apply in both online and offline formats. For online application, candidates need to visit the University’s website, at the official site of VITEEE by paying Rs.1150. NRI Candidates can pay via a demand draft of 50 USD by sending it along with the hard copy of application form to the Vellore Institute of Technology.
- Candidates are advised to keep the scanned photograph and signature ready in the prescribed format i.e.10kb –200kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). This can be done using the MS-paint by simply clicking the resize button in the Tab.
- Candidates have to register by entering all the necessary details. After the registration process, you can log in to fill the VITEEE 2019 application form by entering the email id and the password received at the provided email and mobile number. After entering all the required field candidates can submit the application form of VITEEE. It is advised to note down the application number for any future reference.
- Lastly, pay the application fee using the credit/debit or net banking methods and upload the already scanned photograph and signature to complete the process.
- It is advised to keep a printout of VITEEE application form for future reference.
Offline Application form
- The offline application form for VITEEE can be availed from the specified post office against a cash payment of Rs.1200. Apart from this, the Application form of VITEEE 2019 can also be brought from the Vellore Institute of Technology campuses in exchange of a demand draft of Rs.1200, drawn in favour of the Vellore Institute of Technology and payable at that respective campus.
- To completely fill the offline form candidates have to fill the OMR application form of VITEEE while following the guidelines given in the brochure. The candidates have to paste a recent passport size, coloured photograph in the designated space.
- Candidates are advised to fill an error-free form as VIT does not allow any alterations after submission of the form. Meanwhile, the duly completed application form must be enclosed separately in the envelope provided and sent by post to the address mentioned in the envelope.